Youth Rider Requirements: Anyone under 18 can operate an OHV on public land (no longer an 8-year-old minimum age requirement) if they are:
- Able to reach and operate each control necessary to safely operate the off-highway vehicle and;
- Have in their possession an OHV education certificate or a valid Driver’s License and;
- Under direct adult supervision
Adult supervision is required if:
- Under 18;
- Does not possess a valid driver’s license; and (Note: Learners permit requires licensed parent/guardian seated next to driver (adult supervision))
- Operating an OHV on a public highway that is:
- Open to motor vehicles; and
- not exclusively reserved for OHV use.
Please sign in to leave a comment.