Gunlock State Park offers a variety of aquatic activities and hikes for all ages.
Boating, Kayaking, and Paddleboarding:
- A boat ramp is available through the main entrance (marked with the park sign). Park entrance fee includes launch admission for all watercrafts. All boats must be presented with a decontamination certification form due to the Quagga infestation at Lake Powell (see https://stdofthesea.utah.gov/ for information and verification sheets).
- Personal kayaks and paddleboards can be launched anywhere on the reservoir, but must also have decontamination certification forms available on request.
- Kayaks and Paddleboards are available for rent at the park at the main gate. Call the park office at 435-218-6544 for availability and more information.
- South of the reservoir, a hiking area usually exhibits waterfalls and swimming holes that are flowing in the spring season and after rainstorms. Visit stateparks.utah.gov for updated information on these falls.
- See (link) for all hikes available at Gunlock State Park.
- See (link) for OHV and ATV trails in Gunlock State Park.
- A primitive campground with 5 sites is available on a first come first serve basis. Campground also provides vault toilets. No potable water is available. Call the park office at 435-218-6544 for availability, closures, or additional information.